March 8th, 2010 by katie
We love fajitas, tacos, and anything else you can roll up in a tortilla. Chicken fajitas are great because you don’t have to remember to marinate them ahead and they only take a few minutes to cook.
serves 4, prep 10 min, cook 20 min
- 2 tbsp oil
- juice from 1/2 large lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 tsp chili powder (I used 1 tsp ancho and 1 tsp chipotle and they were medium-spicy)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mexican oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 3 large bell peppers, red, yellow, and orange
- 1 large red onion
- salt and pepper
- In a large zip-top plastic bag combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and chicken breasts. Seal bag and shake and squish to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onion to hot oil and saute until soft and caramelized. Salt to taste.
- While veggies are caramelizing, heat grill, grill pan, or frying pan.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill or sear until cooked all the way through.
- Slice chicken and serve with warm tortillas, peppers, sour cream, cheese, pico de gallo and/or guacamole.
Posted in Easy, Fast, Main Dish