I love a nice, light yogurt parfait in the mornings. But some mornings, a cup of yogurt just isn’t going to cut it. I like to have heartier breakfast fare stashed in the freezer for those occasions. These sandwiches are so easy and delicious you’ll want to keep a large stash on hand for grab and go convenience on busy mornings. This is one of those convenience food swaps that takes a few minutes to prep but if you are going to make one you might as well make a dozen.
Breakfast Sandwichesmakes 12 sandwiches, prep 10 min, cook time 20 minutes
- 12 english muffins or mini bagels
- 1 pound bacon or 12 sausage patties
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups shredded cheese or 12 slices of cheese
- Toast english muffins or bagels, set aside.
- Cut bacon in half and cook or cook sausage patties. Set aside.
- Grease a muffin tin and either crack an egg into each muffin space and lightly beat or beat eggs together in a bowl and pour into each space.
- Bake eggs at 400°F for 10 minutes or until almost done.
- When eggs are almost set cover each egg with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven until cheese is melted.
- Remove egg/cheese muffins and allow to cool.
- Assemble sandwiches and allow to cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, then store in a freezer bag in the freezer.
- To reheat, unwrap and microwave for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, checking every 30 seconds.
These are also good in the refrigerator if you will eat them within a week. Just warm up for 30 seconds in the microwave.