Here is the most fantastic way to savor your leftover barbecue: the barbecue sundae. Creamy, crunchy, sweet, and spicy, barbecue sundaes are a great one-handed way to enjoy the best of your barbecue.
- Layer your barbecue sundae in a clean glass jar, with beans on the bottom, a layer of coleslaw in the middle, top with chopped beef or whatever barbecue you have on hand.
- Add a spoonful of barbecue sauce and top with jalapeno pickles.
Jalapeno Picklesmakes a half-pint, prep 10 min
- enough sliced jalapenos to fill a half-pint jar, about 6
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- pinch ginger
- Pack a clean half-pint jar with sliced jalapenos and garlic cloves.
- Bring vinegar and sugar to a boil in a small pot.
- Add spices and stir until combined.
- Pour boiling mixture over jalapenos, you will not use all of the sugar mixture, then tightly seal.
- Allow jalapenos to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.